In my last blog I listed the men I have met in Reno...well I forgot 3!! Each time I remembered one of these dates it was while I was driving. I think my mind just completely wanders and goes blank when I drive and therefore random things pop into my head. So I must add to my list, so sad...
30. Car salesman. I saw a Lexus billboard and it popped into my head, "OMG I went out with a Lexus car dealer!" So I met this guy off a website. He had gained quite a bit of weight than his picture showed. Met him for drinks and we went to a casino. He was nice, but I felt like he was showing off way too much. I would have gone out with him again just to see if I was interested, but literally the next time I heard from him I was on a date with Mateo. Clearly I made the wrong choice. Just stats: white, can't remember if he had a college degree, no kids.
31. Jemarcus. Met him through a friend. Handsome, well spoken, good job, perfect on paper! I wanted this to work. He picked me up for dinner. Fancy restaurant. Talked about himself and the people he knew the entire time. Oh and he kept talking about his ex. This was getting a little miserable, but I kept trying. Took me back to meet the chef after dinner. We went bowling. By the end of the night as much as I wanted to like him I was becoming more and more disenchanted with him. I don't care about status and who you know and about climbing to the top of every social system in the world. I did give it another chance and invited him to a party at my house. He monopolized my time with all the great advances he was making and the people he knew. I was over it. Too bad. Just stats: black, college educated, no kids.
32. Justin. He lived about an hour away up in Tahoe. Met off dating site. Drove up there for our first date. Dinner by Lake Tahoe. It was actually quite a lovely evening. I think we both had a good time. He had traveled quite a bit for work and loved dogs. Not sure if I was attracted to him. Second date he came down to Reno and we went to sushi. Not as good as first date. It felt like too much effort to make conversation the second date. He texted me on his drive home, but never heard from him again. I was not disappointed. Just stats: white, college educated, no kids.
10 days ago, on Saturday evening, I actually had plans to go to a going away party for a friend moving for love...not the potential for meeting a love, but her actual love. I am very happy for her. Happy for anyone who can find a wonderful man to spend their life with in this world of total scuzzers. The party was at a local brew house that is a favorite among many, but not really me. I don't drink beer and there are never any cute boys. Really what are my priorities here? I was attending with my good friends (who just got engaged) and we did not plan to be out late. My going away friend is a marathon runner, so many other runners were there - not exactly people I have a lot in common with. I would only run if an ax murder were chasing me...or if I was desperately trying to get to the frozen yogurt place before it closed. So my outfit for the night was a gray leopard print tank, black leggings, knee high boots. I thought I looked cute. I don't get out much so I had to dress up a little. I was very thirst when we arrived (must have had too much salt with dinner) so I just started myself out with a club soda and lime. I always think I'm a little socially awkward in big group settings. I don't talk well to strangers and tend to stick by people I know. I thought I caught a glimpse of a cute boy...but he was sitting at a table full of ladies...he must be with one of them. I was talking with a couple of friends when this aforementioned cute boy approached with a beer in his hand. My friend introduced him. Antonio (I guess he would be guy number 33, geesh). He and I proceeded to chat and I did my best...even though I did not have any alcohol yet. He offered to buy me a drink and so we went and sat at the bar. I felt like we had a pretty good get to know you session. He is a marathon runner as well, 28, no kids and has a job. I guess he meets the basic requirements. He gets bonus points for being Italian (not Jersey Shore Italian), Catholic, having a dog and watching The Bachelor. He seemed like a pretty nice guy, didn't get any douchey vibes from him and we moved on to the next bar with the group that had dwindled to just the close friends of the going away girl. Antonio does not typically drink, he told me this, as well as did two of his friends. He may have drank too much and started to get a little sloppy, but we still maintained a good time and he told me he felt a "connection." I wanted to giggle for the mere fact that is said WAY too much on The Bachelor show and I make fun of it. Oh well I actually kind of felt one too. I gave him my phone number and got him safely into the car of his roommate who came to pick him up. The next day I did get a message from him saying it was nice meeting me and hanging out, we small chatted through text a bit and I suggested if he wanted to hang out again all he had to do was ask and he said yes he needed to start seeing some movies. I took that as he would want to go to the movies with me as we had talked about how much I go to the movies and he doesn't. He was running a marathon this past weekend. I texted him last Thursday, told him good luck and have fun, blah blah. He did respond, but did not respond to my Sunday night text asking how the race went. I was excited for about five minutes about this guy.
I feel like all I do is whine to you on this blog. This was not my intention. I wanted to be able to tell everyone that I had a date and I was excited...but as you can see, I just don't. On the radio this morning a discussion was taking place about dating and how men are starting to fall down on the game a little bit more because they know that women are going to do the follow up. That women are going to be the ones making the phone call or doing the follow up texts and the women have begun to do this because they are tired of waiting. Hmmmm sounds vaguely familiar. The problem is I don't want to be aggressive and I don't want to be desperate. What is the happy medium? I thought all signs pointed toward a date and I guess I can't rule it out. I can make all the logical excuses, he's busy, he's working, he's been out of town, but I know the reality - if a guy is interested he is going to let you know. Not quite ready to close the book on this one or maybe I just don't want to because I haven't had a date in five months. I am surrounded by happy people in love. I am attending a wedding this week (my sister is my date), my super good friend just got engaged and I literally have no single friends in this town. Sure I have single acquaintances, but no good friends that I could go on the prowl with like the little pumas we are. One day I will reach couple status...right?! I need some excitement in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment