Some of you may wonder what does a 30-something and fabulous gal such as myself do on a Saturday. Well let's see...I got up, ate some Cheerios and watched Bad Girls Club. I then vaccuumed up a weeks worth of dog hair and tidied up downstairs. I then ran a couple errands, including getting my eyebrows threaded. Got to keep myself up for all these fabulous men I am about to meet! Such an exciting life I have!! I also bought a new future first date top. I am after all hoping to have some :) After lunch I went to the gym. Today upon walking into 24Hour Fitness I was immediately faced with a guy I went on a couple dates with about a year ago talking with the cute little front desk girl. She didn't even acknowledge me checking in. Why tear yourself away from the handsome man in which you clearly have an interest in to greet the frumpy lady who is wearing a T-shirt that is from her sister's high school softball days and has her hair pulled off her face. I can't say I blame her. From my elliptical machine I had a bird's eye view of their flirtatious interaction. I kind of puked in my mouth a little. So for the first 10 minutes of my workout I could see her tilt her head, smile and twirl her waist length perfect extensions (I want some!!) as he leaned on the counter clearly loving it. I will admit he looked awfully good in his tight black shirt that showed off his biceps. I am definitely a biceps girl. They disappeared briefly and apparently it was then time for her to be off work because she appeared with her oversized purse and he had put on a sweatshirt and was shaking his post workout drink and had his bag. As they walked out the door I seriously contemplated chucking my water bottle at his head.
I will tell you briefly about this man and where my bitterness for him comes. Raul and I met through eHarmony. I was the first girl he had met from the site. His friend had convinced him to join. He is handsome, tall, Mexican and had a good job. We met at his favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner. He knew the staff and spoke to them in Spanish. I admit I swooned a little over this. I suppose because I desperately want to be fluent in Spanish; however, my Spanish is limited to the basics and ultrasound Spanish. Plus I can call people nasty names. I digress...back to Raul. We had a great first date, spent a couple hours chatting, eating, and having margaritas. He said I set the bar high for his first experience with online dating. I was happy about that. We agreed to see eachother again. About a week later we made a bet on the Shane Mosely/Manny Pacquiao fight, whoever lost the bet had to cook the other one dinner. Mosely won the fight and I won the bet...he was to cook me dinner. The next day we went for a four mile walk and got smoothies. He was going to be moving into his own place and asked if he could cook me dinner after he moved. Of course. I went to Mexico for my birthday and he texted me while I was in Mexico to make sure I was having a good time. He also stated he owed me dinner upon my return. When I got back from my trip I contacted him...only to have him not call me back - EVER! I never heard from Raul again. I even texted him a few weeks later to genuinely ask what had happened. I never got a response. I really wish men would give me a reason when they don't want to see me again. If it is something I am doing I would like to know. I am not a crazy girl who is going to freak out and call you names or slash your tires. I will say thank you for letting me know and be done with it.
My first 24 hours with a Plenty of Fish profile has resulted in 15 emails, one with a gift, whatever that means. So the reading of the emails/checking out their profiles begins. My first email is from an attractive Hispanic man with rosy cheeks. He has a job. His email is short and nice. He mentions he is watching the Manny Pacquiao/Antonio Margarito fight tonight. Bonus. I will email him back.
The next email consists of this - "what are you up too? Lets hook up!" I looked at his profile, he is 24 and his dating intent is "wants to date, but nothing serious." As previously stated I will be staying away from these characters. I deleted that email.
So the next email is quick and short from a man with a job. I will respond :)
I am a little turned off by the next guy. There is nothing that awful in his profile - I just see us as different people. He has a job and a child. I have not mentioned my thoughts on children yet. I have dated people with kids and it is super hard. The last one I got attached to and it broke my heart when we split knowing that I would not see her anymore. I don't know if I want to do that to myself again. Plus baby mama drama is horrendous. No matter how much a guy says they have an amicable relationship with the child's mom the truth always comes out and then it becomes a whole lot of bad mouthing the other one (I speak from several experiences). I don't even know if I want any of my own. Gasp. I will skip over him for now.
I'm being judgmental on this next one...I know I said I wouldn't, but his hair is awful and he has bad teeth. I'm sorry I can't do it. On his profile it says not to be superficial. Ooops.
The next man is definitely a little stud with quite impressive biceps. He is a little out of my age range...but hey its not like I'm getting any younger and he looks good for his age. He has no kids. I am not sure of job since it says his proffesion is "smile maker." Hmmmm I will have to ask him what he does for work in my email response, but he is looking for a long term relationship. I like his profile. He strikes me as a fun, well rounded guy and he said "No I dont need you to climb a mountain or do a marathon." Definitely a winning line if I ever heard one!
Sorry next one has two kids.
Next one is also not looking for anything serious. He also spelled bored wrong in his email. Next.
47 years old. Definitely too old for me. Next.
I'm being open on the next one. He may not be my type in the looks department, but he has a job and no kids. He is divorced and ex-military. I sent a quick response to his very brief email.
I think I will skip the next guy. He is 34 and has never had a relationship over one year. He also does not want kids. I'm not sure if I want to go out with someone who doesn't want them. I may not know if I want them, but I want to keep that option open. Again if men are upfront with their intentions they WILL NOT change.
I like the next profile. He kind of just looks like the boy next door and he is a paramedic! Job!! He seems to be a bit of an uber outdoor guy, which may not fit with my casual outdoorsiness, but I will respond to his email. You just never know!
Whenever a guy says he is sexy in his profile it kind of makes me want to run.
Next guy is 26. Too young. Am I being too superficial on the age thing?
Last one is a guy I actually corresponded with on match for a bit before I started seeing someone and took myself off the site. However, in his email he doesn't even mention that we previously emailed quite a bit. I'm a little taken aback by this. I don't know what to say in response to his email. I even used some of the same pictures. Has he just been through so many profiles that they all start to look the same and he doesn't remember if he has talked to those ladies or not? Hmmmm I'm a little stumped on this one. He is just a bit older than I would prefer, but he has a really good job and no kids. I think I will just mention to him that we corresponded on match and see what he says. We even had talked about grabbing a drink together, but then our schedules never quite seemed to fit because he works nights. Someday I will tell you of the story of the douche bag I took myself off the site for.
Now I am going to do a little searching on the site and see if there are any profiles that pique my interest and email them and hope for a response.
As a 30-something and fabulous lady I will be watching the aforementioned boxing match tonight alone. My sister deals at a local casino on the weekends and I have yet to go down there when she is there, so maybe I will throw down a few $3 Blackjack hands as well. I will wear some extra makeup, dress cute and see what I can find for myself at the casino. There are bound to be available single men watching the fight, right? I will try and put my shy self up away and see if the new blogger in myself gives me the balls to talk to strangers.
Love the blog! Good luck on you quest :)
ReplyDeleteWell done Aimee! Love your blog!
ReplyDeleteI forgot how much I hated Raul....ugh. By the way the next time you are going to watch the fights and you want some company let us know because Justin was just saying how he wished he could have watched that fight--of course that was a couple of days after lol. Also, it's okay if you don't want company because we don't want to cramp your style or make it hard for the eligible men to approach you...i.e. I don't want to mess with the fish bait lol
ReplyDelete