![]() |
| Picture A |
Chapter one...will also now be known as first date with Book. I heard from Book a few days after what I can only refer to now as the night I got drunk and kissed a friend. He texted me Tuesday night to see if I wanted to get a drink. I am pretty much nonfunctional on most days I work. On this particular day I had worked 12 hours and been up since 4:30 a.m. I felt no motivation whatsoever to try and make myself presentable and basically told him this. I did however suggest we go to a baseball game in a couple weeks. I figured this would be a fun, nontraditional, low key no pressure kind of get together. I wanted to see if I did feel anything for him without feeling like it was a "date." He agreed and said he actually had some open tickets for a game. It was a date...maybe. Over the next 12 days I did hear from him a few times. My sister was in town visiting and doing an engagement photo shoot. He offered to cook my sister and I dinner. That was nice of him, but nope not even remotely ready for that. A few days before the game he asked if I wanted to get lunch first. Hell no I want a hot dog at the ballpark!! Ok I didn't exactly say that, but really one of the best things about going to a game is getting to eat things that you wouldn't normally eat...hence the hot dog. We decided to just meet an hour before the game and grab a drink. There is this really cool area attached to the ballpark that has bars, restaurants and a band. I was actually starting to look forward to the game...or was I looking forward to seeing him hmmmm. Sunday (August 21st) rolled around and I got up and exercised (yay me finally broke the 20 pound weight loss hurdle) and got ready for the game. It was to be 92 degrees that day so I had to dress accordingly. I previously had bought an Aces shirt (our minor league team) and had sassed it up a bit. It was a men's t-shirt that I got on clearance so I made some cuts and ties and voila I had a cute fitted girlie tee. I wore this with a white tank underneath, denim shorts (that I bought the day before in a smaller size!) and flip flops. I decided to wear my hair up because it was going to be so hot and I didn't think sweating with my hair down would be cute. So I tried to make my hair somewhat fun by french braiding my bangs back and pulling it into a pony tail. I think I looked fun and fabulous. I mean really who wouldn't want to go to a baseball game with me...as evidenced in picture A. So I met Book at the park, hugged and we headed inside. We grabbed a drink, sat at the bar and watched all the people enter the park. They were giving away baseballs to everyone under the age of 12 to have autographed after the game. I didn't know it was for under 12 so when I went to get my ball the girl said it was for 12 and under. Why did she just assume I was over age 12? Anyway being around Book is easy, probably because I already know him. I feel like I am myself around him because he already knows what myself is like. I didn't feel any pressure to impress, which was actually quite refreshing. Conversation is easy, he's chatty, the hour goes by quickly and we head to the outfield open seating. We sit on the grass and proceed to bake in the sun for the next hour. Real happy I wore my hair up and put on lots of sunscreen. Now that I am glowing with sweat I am ready for a hot dog. It was rather tasty. While putting condiments on our dogs someone walks by quickly and very clearly bumps into Book. He is irritated and says "Hey" to the guy. Turns out it is someone Book knows and works with and knew it would piss him off to bump into him like that. I think Book is easily annoyed by people who appear to threaten his space or manhood...I might have to watch this. We enjoy the rest of the game. We might even flirt a bit. The game is actually rather short at a mere 2.5 hours so we decided to just stick around at the adjacent bar for awhile.
We sit at the bar and order a drink. I order something fruity and refreshing. That was my actual order. It was fruity and I felt refreshed. I ordered another. We sat there for almost two hours. It was fun. He was becoming affectionate, doing the typical things a guy would do on a date if he liked the girl. If anyone knows me they know I am not the most affectionate warm person and in public I certainly shy away from affection. He eventually just asked what I was feeling about this, was this a date? I have been contemplating this all day in my head, but in the end I think I am over thinking the situation. Why not just enjoy it, why not just date and see if any real feelings develop. He told me that no matter what we would stay friends (cause that always works) but that he thinks I'm pretty great. I told him I am willing to see where this goes, so yes it is a date. Then he kissed me. Aaaahhh in the middle of the bar. What is my problem. So we parted ways around 6, we had spent six hours together, kissed him goodbye and I guess I just assume I will see him again. We didn't make any specific plans. Did I have a good time? yes. Did I have butterflies? no. Will they develop? maybe. As much as we have in common we actually have very different personalities. I like to look at the good in the world/situations/people and he tends to look at the negative - might be his job, might be the way he was raised. We will see how this works for us. On the other hand we laughed a lot and I did have a good time. As the first chapter closes I am still wanting to see what happens in chapter two...
In other dating news - I have a blind date on Friday with my coworkers running friend! I will be a strong, confident woman. Promise.
Keep thinking happy dating thoughts for me. Until next time...


Except for the negative, easily pissed off part, I like him! Can't wait for the next chapter...
ReplyDeletewell hmmmm. You know, I don't think I got real "butterflies" with the one whose name will not be mentioned. there were other signs though, so look for those. However, look for the red flags and be aware of them. I felt like he had a bit of an ego on him was my first impression.... so just keep your eye out. maybe it takes a minute to soften him up and there is a reason for his hard exterior. who knows. but this is an interesting turn in your dating stories for sure!
ReplyDelete