Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Year the World Ends

Hello 2012 and my little blog followers! I am certainly glad to see 2011 end and I hope you all brought in the new year doing exactly what you wanted. I know I did...with a pity party for one. Aimee - Party of ONE. I am actually at work, super busy as you can tell, and brought in the new year eating a salad, sipping on a Mountain Dew (best drink on the planet...aside from wine) and watching Larry Crowne (actually entertaining). The sad part of the night - if I were not working I would be doing exactly the same thing as I did here, only I would be sitting on my arse at home. I volunteered to work tonight because I did not need another holiday reminder that I am still Aimee - Party of ONE. I didn't want to be staring into my Captain and Diet at the stroke of midnight while all the couples around me kissed. I just rang in six new years in a row as a single girl. Wow.

I am reminded of the beginning of last year - I was hopeful that it would be the year I met the man of my dreams. Obviously this did not occur. I was fresh off my one week with T-Pilot when I wrote my first blog of 2011 on January 7 entitled "New Year and Full of Hope." I was delusional...delusions brought on by a great time I had with T-Pilot. I re-read the blog tonight and if you need a refresher...look it up. I actually teared up reading it. I could remember the excitement and hope that I had and it is just sad that my year ended up with me still being single. I can't say I am full of hope this time around as I am just coming off of the events surrounding Douche Lord CD. I would say I am more indifferent about meeting someone. Yay if it happens, but I have no optimism about it either right now. My pity party really only lasted about 10 minutes tonight...I'd say my bitterness and pessimism about dating has really improved!

My new years resolution for 2011 was to be friendlier to strangers and to try and wipe the bitch look off my face. I know I attempted these resolutions, but I know I have probably failed them as well. I will continue to work on them. My new years resolution for 2012 is to do two social things a month solo. I often do things by myself, but my goal is to do it more frequently and to continue to push my comfort zone. I go to the movies by myself all the time so I will not include that in the two social functions because I am pretty confident strolling into a dark room by myself. My goal with this resolution is to make me more comfortable in an often uncomfortable situation - being by yourself in a public place where people are generally with friends. I very likely will be living somewhere else by the end of 2012 and think this will be great practice for me when and if I live in a city where I know zero people. I am hoping my two social events a month will give me great blogging stories as well to entertain my faithful readers. I need some more fun stories to entertain you with!

2012 is supposedly the year the world ends. If so...please let it be the best year of my life and may all you have the best of your life. It should be noted I do not really believe this, but maybe we should live it as such. I saw much tragedy strike truly good people this year and I know that my little singleness is nothing in comparison, so I hope my readers know that my blogging is for entertainment and in no way do I believe I have big problems.

I will be cruising to the Bahamas in three weeks with my sister and will try and get in at least one social outing alone before then...wish me luck!

Keep thinking happy dating thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment