The first Thursday of this month I went dancing...on a Thursday...Ladies Night at our local club. My friend had family in town and they were planning on a little booty shaking. As a booty shaking lover I could not really turn down the invite. I picked a somewhat conservative outfit to wear as I didn't know how slutted up ladies got during the week. I didn't imagine it would be too packed with the fellas so no need to really impress, just about having fun. I wore tight black pants, my Guess black heels and a pink ruffled tiered shirt with an open back. I had to wear one of those pasty bras that really give no support...I felt like I was free balling it. Looking at the picture now I think I will have to retire this outfit - its not very flattering, but it did coordinate with my cranberry and vodka! My friend informed me to be wary of the men tonight as they are probably just looking for a hook up at ladies night. I inquired what the problem was. Ha.
Chatting and drinking with the ladies I had a front row view of everyone coming into the club. I am clearly old. Lots of young girls. Then the sea of trashy girl parts and in walks a fine specimen of a man. Black buttoned down shirt, diamonds or "diamonds" (not sure) in each ear, a goatee, and an air of sexiness about him. I'd have to keep my eye on him. Danced with the ladies. Refilled my drink. Time to make my bold fabulous self move, right? He is the only hot guy here and there are plenty of young moral-less ladies here who would snatch him up. I wanted to dance. I walked up to him and asked if he'd like to dance. Where this courage came from I have no idea...okay maybe it was the vodka-cran. Oh wow his smile is fantastic! Danced and talked with him the rest of the night until they kicked us out around 2:30. Sat and chatted with him in the casino for about an hour after. They always seem nice in the first conversation. Well he is only 23 and plays arena football. He works out at my gym. Jackpot!!! I have been looking for a trainer and haven't really wanted to spend the money. I can use him for his workout skills. We made plans to meet at the gym Saturday morning so he could show me how to prepare my summer arms. As you can see in the above picture, my arms need some serious work!
We met at the gym and he is wearing one of those tight breath easy, don't feel your sweat type shirts. It is hot. He has some amazing arms. How am I not supposed to touch them...let alone blatantly stare at them. We had a good workout and actually shot some hoops afterwards. My arms were sore for four days. He gave me a hug after the workout and said he and his friends were going out tonight if I wanted to join. I said I'd let him know. He ignored my text later that night. Oh well. Wasn't trying to date him, just wanted him to be my hot trainer. I felt this was a good exercise in my attempt to talk to men. Sure he wasn't my age and there was no dating potential, but I put myself out there. Yay me!
So D-Pilot has been on my mind a little...wondering if there is any potential for him to be interested. He just seemed so great, I don't want to pass something up if there is any chance at all...I'm not getting any younger. Well I thought I'd call up good friend C-Pilot and see if he had any intel. When I asked if he had talked to D-Pilot about our date he said he hadn't. Dammit! I wanted to know what he thought of me. C-Pilot then asked the very logical question "Why don't you just call him?" Agh, the horror!! I can't call a boy!! His response to my excuses was, "You're a grown ass woman!" He was right. I am a grown ass woman. What is my problem? He gave me a pep talk. I can do this. I can call him to see if he'd like to see me again. I'm a grown ass woman.
After work that night (Feb 9)I went home and really wondered if I'd be able to do this. I know I'm so nervous because I liked him. If I get rejected it's not like I am going to run into him and at least I will know rather than always wondering "what if." I may have had a glass of wine for courage. Don't judge. I paced around my kitchen. SCW, SCW, SCW. With little shaking hands I called. Voicemail. I thought this might happen. Not realizing the time difference (it was 11:30 pm his time) I left a quick breezy message (I hoped). He called back before I barely had a chance to disconnect. Oh hello nerves are back. I'm walking back and forth around the island in my kitchen. I am stumbling over my own words, my voice is shaky. I am seriously a 13 year old boy with my voice cracking as I ask someone if they'd like to see me again. His immediate response to my question of whether he would like to get together again was "Yea." No hesitation. Relief slightly calms my nerves. He is going on a little two week mission and said he would be in touch when he gets back. Two weeks will put us at the end of the month...more to follow...hopefully. I mean really who wouldn't want to date someone who can fly one of these...
So I may have mentioned that I had given my number to two men from the dating site...well I went out with both of them last weekend (Not at the same time, although that would have been rather fantastic...it could have been like the 2 on 1 dates on The Bachelor. I might have to start incorporating this into my dating repertoire). I also met a third gentleman last weekend. Amazingly I am seeing them all again this weekend. I will tell all you readers about it later. It is dinner time and my broccoli and cheese crock pot soup and salad is calling my name.
Keep thinking happy dating thoughts for me. Until next time...
PS - If you are wondering what my single and fabulous self did for Valentine's Day this year it was the same as last year. I got sushi to go and sat on my couch and played Words With Friends with whoever would play with me. I couldn't even drink wine and drown my single sorrows because I was on call (never got called in). Once again the day sucked and I guess I can only continue to say hopefully I will someday not be alone on this stupid, stupid "holiday."


You are a grown ass woman!!
ReplyDeleteI'm trying!!
Delete